The pace at which the commercial real estate industry moves is not expected to slow down. For groups who rely upon one another to get things done, integrations facilitate information-sharing between teams with different needs and outcomes. Inside an organization, even different divisions or functions are likely working on common, or at least aligned platforms. What happens when commercial real estate owners and external partners like contractors need to share resources?
Honest Buildings integrates with Procore, the platform used within the construction industry to connect contractors with their teams.
ENCOURAGING COLLABORATION WITH A REDUCED LEARNING CURVE
Procore describes itself as the “all-in-one construction management software for contractors.” Honest Buildings and Procore bring real estate projects to successful completion, catering to different end users. Procore’s software is designed to help contractors execute complex construction processes and manage subcontractors, while Honest Buildings was purpose-built to facilitate project management and capital planning for owners.
Integrating with Honest Buildings allows owners and their teams to access, review, and act upon the information they need without requiring anyone to adapt or alter their processes. Both Procore and Honest Buildings are designed to meet the needs of differentiated groups. Each supports their core users by utilizing the workflows they prefer, from the perspective necessary to ensure effective decision-making.
By way of an API, when owners are invited by contractors, they can log into Honest Buildings projects and connect to Procore projects including drawings, bids, change orders and invoices. With integrated systems, owners can pull in RFIs and submittals, so that they have visibility.
WHY THIS MATTERS
Owners, contractors, and project management teams have different needs and accountabilities. Effective collaboration has historically been challenging and time-consuming, often constrained by resources ill-suited to each team’s needs. With increasing reliance on technology, we’re moving beyond outdated, static spreadsheets in favor of closing gaps within tech stacks.
GENERAL CONTRACTORS USE PROCORE TO:
- Manage drawings
- Share detailed project-related documentation
- Track all hard costs
- Oversee construction on ground-up development
- Approve a detailed budget spend after an owner has approved the high-level spend
- Bid, manage and track subcontractor work
- Create and execute on detailed project schedules
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE OWNERS USE HONEST BUILDINGS TO:
- Plan and budget for upcoming projects
- Bid out projects to contractors
- Track costs throughout a project lifecycle
- Approve contracts, change orders and invoices
- Report on project, asset, and portfolio performance
BENEFITS OF THE PROCORE/HONEST BUILDINGS INTEGRATION FOR OWNERS AND THEIR TEAMS:
- No one feels compelled to rely upon resources not designed to be intuitive
- No one feels like they are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole
- Since integrations draw information in, teams eliminate the need to use spreadsheets to overcome gaps in tech stacks
- Integration minimizes human error
Mike Campana, Oxford Properties' Director of Construction talks about his experience with the Honest Buildings-Procore integration, and how it allowed him to “check on the health of projects in one portal, without having to jump back and forth.”
This integration allows for up-to-date information viewable by sharing live links. Users and decision-makers on both sides have an additional way to connect data without multiple systems by way of summary-level information. Additional detail is available, if necessary, and more importantly, everyone continues operating in their preferred environment, allowing owners and project managers to see what the need without needing to navigate between systems.